“Black Pepper Caramel Chicken is a traditional Vietnamese dish made with chicken thighs, shallots and red chili peppers, jalapeños, and cilantro.”
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add JSL Foods Chicken Udon Noodles. Cook for 5-6 minutes, and sprinkle with the packet of Chicken seasoning, mixing throughout cooked noodles. Keep warm, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, fish sauce, water, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, black pepper, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce; stir together to make black pepper caramel sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok pan. Add the shallot and red chili pepper and sauté over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan; set aside to add back in with chicken and sauce at the end.
- Add the black pepper caramel sauce mixture and the chicken to the pan; simmer over high heat until the chicken is cooked through and sauce is caramelized for about 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in the shallots and hot chiles and cooked Chicken Udon Noodles coating them with the sauce and mixing in the chicken evenly throughout.
- Transfer Black Pepper Caramel Chicken Udon Noodles to serving bowls, garnish with everything bagel seasoning, fresh cilantro and sliced jalapenos (if using).
|1||Package Fortune Chicken Udon Noodles|
|1 1/3||cups water|
|1/2||cup dark brown sugar|
|1/4||cup Asian fish sauce|
|1||tablespoon sesame oil|
|3||tablespoons rice vinegar|
|1/2||tablespoon garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger)|
|2||teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1||tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|2||tablespoons peanut or canola oil|
|1||large shallot, thinly sliced|
|1||fresh red chili pepper, cut into thin strips|
|1 1/2||pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Everything bagel seasoning, garnish Cilantro sprigs, for garnish|
|Sliced jalapeños, for garnish (optional)|
This is a traditional Vietnamese Chicken dish made with a sticky spicy and sweet caramelized sauce with shallots, garlic, chilies, fish sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and coarse ground black pepper. The chicken thighs are cooked right in the sauce then tossed with Fortune Chicken Udon Noodles and garnished with fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños for extra heat and bright flavor.
Black Pepper Caramel Chicken is a traditional Vietnamese dish made with chicken thighs, shallots and red chili peppers, jalapeños, and cilantro.
tossed in a luscious caramel sauce made with brown sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, red chili garlic sauce, fresh garlic, ginger and freshly ground black pepper,
all mixed together and reduced in a pan into a gorgeous sticky spicy sweet glaze to coat the chicken.
The noodles are cooked separately, then drained and sprinkled with the packaged chicken-flavored seasoning,
then tossed back into the pan with the cooked chicken and sweet savory Black Pepper Caramel sauce. For serving I topped the dish with a dash of Everything Bagel seasoning (you could also just use white or black sesame seeds if you like), a few sliced jalapeños and fresh cilantro for an extra kick of heat and bright flavor.
You guys, this noodle dish is to die for! These Udon noodles are precooked so they only need to be reheated for a few minutes before serving. And they’re perfectly durable for holding this gorgeous thick glaze on the chicken, and full of ALA Omega-3’s, are non-GMO, zero trans fats, with only .5g of fat and 5g of protein in each serving!
You can also try this recipe using their Mushroom or Original Shoyu Udon Noodles for another layer of flavor to mix it up. Try pairing it with an oaky Napa Chardonnay or grassy Marlborough NZ Sauvignon Blanc to balance out the spiciness and sweetness of the dish. Superb!
Absolutely delicious…Hope you enjoy! And feel free to comment below and please share this post on social media with the hashtags @artfulgourmet @jslfoods #fortunenudonoodles #cheftyaki #udonsoups